About Emergency Management
The Emergency Management Office provides emergency planning in compliance with federal and state emergency management regulations for all Penn State locations.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for:
- Developing, updating and exercising the overall University Emergency Operations Plan.
- Overseeing and coordinating emergency planning, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery efforts at all locations.
- Educating the community on how to best protect themselves by following all applicable regulations and best practices.
- Facilitating exercises, and coordinating drills in support of the plans.
- Notifying the community upon declaration of a state of emergency, including appropriate external Emergency Management Agencies and maintaining the University’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordinating centralized resources with responsible personnel at all campus Commonwealth Campus locations if an emergency is declared affecting those units.