Residence Hall Security
The University is concerned about the safety and security of all students residing in on-campus housing. All access doors to residence halls are secured 24 hours a day. Each residence hall or on-campus apartment has its own access door with a lock that residents are urged to secure at all times.
University Police recommends that all students lock their door every time they leave their room.
Lock your door:
- When you leave your room for only a few minutes.
- When you are gone for the day or overnight.
- When you are inside the room.
- Basically, at all times!
Student Auxiliary Officer Unit employs full time students to patrol the exterior areas of residence halls. The Student Auxiliary Officers aid in the safety and security of the students in the residence halls by:
- Monitoring the doors to make sure they are operating appropriately.
- Helping assure that only residents and escorted guests enter residence halls.
- Monitoring persons in the area and reporting any suspicious or criminal activity to the University Police.
- Monitoring access control computers for any door alarms.
For Emergencies, Call 911